Monday, November 9, 2020

PRONOUN, EXERCISE - 2


A. Replace the words in brackets by the correct personal pronouns. Note that Sue is the person speaking. The (*) means that you are asked a question.

1. My name is Sue. (Sue) ____________ speak English. And this is my family.

2. My mum's name is Angie. (Angie) ____________ is from Germany.

3. Bob is my dad. (My dad) ____________ is a waiter.

4. On the left you can see Simon. (Simon) ____________ is my brother.

5. (Sue and Simon) ____________ are twins.

6. Our dog is a girl, Judy. (Judy) ____________ is two years old.

7. (Sue, Simon, Angie and Bob) ____________ live in Canterbury.

8. (Canterbury) ____________ is not far from London.

9. My grandparents live in London. (My grandparents) ____________ often come and see us.

10. What can (*) ____________ tell me about your family?


B. Personal pronouns – Subject or object form?

1. I am from Berlin. ____________

2. Can Mr Henderson help me? ____________

3. We live in London. ____________

4. This book is for her. ____________

5. He is not at school. ____________

6. This present is for us. ____________

7. This is a new house. It is blue. ____________

8. Where are you from? ____________

9. Don't ask them! ____________

10. The children can see you. ____________


C. Demonstrative Pronoun Exercises

Choose the correct demonstrative pronoun to fill the blank, remembering that demonstratives include the words this, that, these and those.

1. Look at __________ newspaper here.

2. __________ are my grandparents, and __________ people over there are my friend's grandparents.

3. __________ building over there is the Chrysler Building.

4. __________ is my mobile phone and __________ is your mobile phone on the shelf over there.

5. __________ photos here are much better than __________ photos on the book.

6. __________ was a great evening.

7. Are __________ your pencils here?

8. __________ bottle over there is empty.

9. __________ bricks over there are for your chimney.

10. John, take __________ folder and put it on the desk over there.


ANSWERS

👇👇👇👇👇

A. Replace the words in brackets by the correct personal pronouns. Note that Sue is the person speaking. The (*) means that you are asked a question.

1. My name is Sue. (Sue) ____I____ speak English. And this is my family.

2. My mum's name is Angie. (Angie) ____She____ is from Germany.

3. Bob is my dad. (My dad) ____He____ is a waiter.

4. On the left you can see Simon. (Simon) ____He____ is my brother.

5. (Sue and Simon) ____They____ are twins.

6. Our dog is a girl, Judy. (Judy) ____It____ is two years old.

7. (Sue, Simon, Angie and Bob) ____They____ live in Canterbury.

8. (Canterbury) ____It____ is not far from London.

9. My grandparents live in London. (My grandparents) ____They____ often come and see us.

10. What can (*) ____I____ tell me about your family?


B. Personal pronouns – Subject or object form?

1. I am from Berlin. ____Subject____ 

2. Can Mr Henderson help me? ____Object____ 

3. We live in London. ____Subject____ 

4. This book is for her. ____Object____ 

5. He is not at school. ____Subject____ 

6. This present is for us. ____Object____ 

7. This is a new house. It is blue. ____Subject____ 

8. Where are you from? ____Subject____ 

9. Don't ask them! ____Object____ 

10. The children can see you. ____Object____ 


C. Demonstrative Pronoun Exercises

Choose the correct demonstrative pronoun to fill the blank, remembering that demonstratives include the words this, that, these and those.

1. Look at ____this____ newspaper here.

2. ____These____ are my grandparents, and ____those____ people over there are my friend's grandparents.

3. ____That____ building over there is the Chrysler Building.

4. ____This____  is my mobile phone and ____that____ is your mobile phone on the shelf over there.

5. ____These____ photos here are much better than ____those____ photos on the book.

6. ____That____ was a great evening.

7. Are ____these____ your pencils here?

8. ____That____ bottle over there is empty.

9. ____Those____  bricks over there are for your chimney.

10. John, take ____this____ folder and put it on the desk over there.

---:THE END:---