Wednesday, December 2, 2020

ARTICLE, EXERCISE-1

ARTICLES EXERCISE 1

Directions: Fill in the blank with the appropriate article, a, an, or the, or leave the space blank if no article is needed.

1. I want ____________ apple from that basket.

2. ____________ church on the corner is progressive.

3. Miss Lin speaks ____________ Chinese.

4. I borrowed ____________ pencil from your pile of pencils and pens.

5. One of the students said, "____________ professor is late today."

6 Eli likes to play ____________ volleyball.

7. I bought ____________ umbrella to go out in the rain.

8. My daughter is learning to play ____________ violin at her school.

9. Please give me ____________ cake that is on the counter.

10. I lived on ____________ Main Street when I first came to town.

11. Albany is the capital of ____________ New York State.

12. My husband's family speaks ____________ Polish.

13. ____________ apple a day keeps the doctor away.

14. ____________ ink in my pen is red.

15. Our neighbors have ____________ cat and ____________ dog.

ANSWER: ARTICLES EXERCISE 1

👇👇👇👇👇

1. I want     an     apple from that basket.

2.     The     church on the corner is progressive.

3. Miss Lin speaks     x     Chinese.

4. I borrowed     a      pencil from your pile of pencils and pens.

5. One of the students said, "    The      professor is late today."

6. Eli likes to play     x     volleyball.

7. I bought     an     umbrella to go out in the rain.

8. My daughter is learning to play     the     violin at her school.

9. Please give me     the     cake that is on the counter.

10. I lived on     x     Main Street when I first came to town.

11. Albany is the capital of     x     New York State.

12. My husband's family speaks     x     Polish.

13.     An     apple a day keeps the doctor away.

14.     The     ink in my pen is red.

15. Our neighbors have     a     cat and     a     dog.

---:THE END:---