Monday, August 2, 2021

SIMPLE TENSE AND BE VERB, Exercise


SIMPLE TENSE AND BE VERB

 

A.   DO AS DIRECTED

1.   We played volleyball. (Negative)

2.   She went home. (Simple present)

3.   James wrote articles. (Negative interrogative)

4.   They learned English words. (Interrogative)

5.   We opened the window. (Simple Present)

6.   Ella and Alexis had fun. (Negative)

7.   It rains in London. (Simple Past)

8.   Mum makes breakfast. (Simple Past)

9.   I met my friends. (Simple Present)

10.  The boys started a game. (Negative)

 

B.    CHOOSE THE CORRECT FORM OF THE GIVEN IN THE BRACKET.

 

1.   She ________ (go) to Australia in 1994 and she liked it very much.

2.   My father usually ________ (like) his steak well-done.

3.   The dog ________ (eat) its toy last night.

4.   The policeman________ (talk) to the burglar yesterday.

5.   ________ (you /have) a test last week?

C.         CHOOSE THE CORRECT FORM OF "TO BE"

1.         The clouds moved away, and the sun shone through. The sky was full of pretty colors. It (be) ________ beautiful.

2.         Arturo and Ryo (be) ________ at the party last night.

3.         I (be) ________ ready to go. When (be) ________ we leaving?

4.         Christopher, where (be) ________ you last night? I (be) ________ looking all over for you.

5.         I (be) ________ very tired. I (be) ________ tired yesterday too. I think I (be) ________ getting sick.


ANSWER KEY

A.    DO AS DIRECTED

1.    We played volleyball. (Negative)

       We did not play volleyball.

2.    She went home. (Simple present)

       She goes home.

3.    James wrote articles. (Negative interrogative)

       Did James write articles?

4.    They learned English words. (Interrogative)

       Did they learn English words?

5.    We opened the window. (Simple Present)

       We open the window.

6.    Ella and Alexis had fun. (Negative)

       Ella and Alexis did not have fun.

7.    It rains in London. (Simple Past)

       It rained in London.

8.    Mum makes breakfast. (Simple Past)

       Mum made breakfast.

9.    I met my friends. (Simple Present)

       I meet my friends.

10.  The boys started a game. (Negative)

        The boys did not start a game.

B.  CHOOSE THE CORRECT FORM OF THE GIVEN IN THE BRACKET.

 

1.   She ___went___ (go) to Australia in 1994 and she liked it very much.

2.   My father usually ___went___ (like) his steak well-done.

3.   The dog ___went___ (eat) its toy last night.

4.   The policeman ___went___ (talk) to the burglar yesterday.

5.   ___went___ (you /have) a test last week?


C.   CHOOSE THE CORRECT FORM OF "TO BE"

1.    The clouds moved away, and the sun shone through. The sky was full of pretty colors. It (be) ___went___ beautiful.

2.    Arturo and Ryo (be) ___went___ at the party last night.

3.    I (be) ___went___ ready to go. When (be) ___went___ we leaving?

4.    Christopher, where (be) ___went___ you last night? I (be) ___went___ looking all over for you.

5.    I (be) ___went___ very tired. I (be) ___went___ tired yesterday too. I think I (be) ___went___ getting sick.

---:THE END:---